The Kingdom of Spain is located in the southwest of Europe, bordering the Mediterranean Sea and north the Atlantic Ocean. It is one of the largest countries in Europe and the thirteenth largest economy in the world. The offical language Spanish is spoken by more than 500 million people worldwide. While Spain is usually known for its sunny weather, beaches and vibrant cities such as Madrid, Barcelona or Marbella the diverse country also offer wintersport facilities in the Pyrenees. Spain is a member of the EU and NATO as well as as the Euro Zone. Tourism is one of the major industries: The islands of Mallorca, Ibiza or the Canary Islands offer all year round good weather and have also attracted lots of permanent residents from abroad. Please find more information here.
- Spain is a Schengen and EU country. Easy entry into most European and Commonwealth countries without the need for a visa. As a resident it is easier to get admission to European universities.
- Comprehensive tax treaty network
- Popular holiday destination and popular expat destination
- Spanish language is the world`s second most spoken language
- Good opportunities in the real estate market
- No minimum stay required which means no necessity to be a tax resident
- There are better places if you mainly want to relocate for taxation reasons. However there are lots of possibilities to reduce tax burden. Generally Spanish income tax is based on worldwide income and rises progressively. With our program Spanish tax residency can be avoided. Please contact us for individual advice.
Cost of Living
- Cost of living is highly dependant on the location but generally reasonable. While some cities such as Barcelona are booming, real estate prices in other (popular) regions are currently attractive for investment. You can find more details here.
Spain recently introduced a new program commonly called Spanish Golden Visa program. It allows to gain a 5 year renewable residence visa with the acquisition of residential real estate or a portfolio of properties for a minimum of 500.000€. After 5 years residents can apply for a permanent residence.
- Minimum investment of 500.000€ which cannot be mortgage funded
- Ownership of real estate property in Spwith a market value of €250000
- Spouse and children are included in the Visa
- Prove source of funds
- Travel to Spain at least once during the period of authorization